2013 Class Dates:
Monday Night Classes (must attend on both dates)
Saturday Classes (one day class)
“To teach the basic knowledge, skills, and attitude for owning and using a pistol safely. ”
What You Need
Each student needs to bring eye and hearing protection. Also, all students must have their own firearm, no sharing of firearms is permitted. Bring 100-200 rounds of ammunition. No Magnum loads allowed at this class, see our Club Rules for allowed ammunition. A baseball hat is a good idea. No loose fitting clothes about the neck! This may allow hot brass to go down the front of your shirt, or the back of your collar and cause a safety hazard as you do, "The hot brass down my shirt dance." (This is not funny, it's a severe safety problem!)
Do you want to take the class but you don’t have a pistol? Then our BPC Package is for you. The BPC Package includes the use of a .22 caliber semi-automatic pistol and includes ammo, on a first come, first serve basis. Cost is $50 for the class. Bring a copy of your payment to the class, not the confirmation of attendence, but a receipt of payment.
- Students learn NRA’s rules for safe gun handling.
- The basic pistol parts and their operation.
- Students are instructed on the makeup, function of ammunition.
- How to determine the proper ammunition for any given firearm.
- The fundamentals of shooting and the how to safety fire a handgun.
- Firing from the bench rest position and, two handed, standing position.
- How to safely clean and store the firearm.
- Safety! Safety! Safety! (You see where we are going here right?)
- Students will receive the NRA Guide to the Basics of Pistol Shooting. (Book)
- They will receive the NRA Gun Safety Rules brochure, and the Winchester/NRA Marksmanship Qualification. (Booklet)
- They will take the Basics of Pistol Shooting Student Examination, and upon successful completion, they will be awarded, the NRA Basic Pistol Course Certificate.
This course will give the student the basic fundamentals, on which, they may continue to improve their skill set. These fundamentals are paramount to continued development of shooting proficiency and safety.
This course is at least 8-hours long and includes classroom and range time learning to shoot revolvers and semi-automatic pistols. We will break for lunch for about one hour and there are plenty of places close by to eat.
$125.00 - Single Person
- $150.00 - Family Plan #1 Two family members.*
- $175.00 - Family Plan #2 Three family members. *
- $200.00 - Family Plan #3 Four family members. *
*Must be immediate family living in the same household .
We offer online registration for all of our training classes.
To use our online registration service, click on a date above or go to our calendar, click on the class you want to attend and fill out the registration form.
You must pay in full or your attendence will not count. You will show as registered, but your spot WILL NOT be held. Another person may book that slot and you will NOT have a seat in the class.
Thank you for choosing Pine Tree Pistol Club for your firearm training needs.