Bowling Pin Rules
.22 caliber pistols and/or rifles ONLY for all regular Bowling Pin Matches. All shooters will shoot at 5 pins on a table 25 feet away. Shooters will be timed from the sound of the start timer until the last pin hits the floor or 30 seconds, whichever comes first. Each shooter will shoot 5 tables with their total times from those rounds being their score. Cost is $5 per for five tables of pins. We often meet up for dinner afterwards somewhere in Rockford, all are welcome. Two classes of shooters will compete at this time, Novice and Expert. Novice shooters who win consistently will be asked to move themselves to the Expert class. Payouts to the top one to three shooters will be paid in each class depending on participation level. The more shooters we have, the greater the payout. All monies collected are paid out to the participants.
1. All range rules enforced. Eye & ear protection must be worn by all shooters and spectators.
2. No firearm handling except when in designated safe area or after given load command by range officer.
3. Firearms to be brought to the firing line cased and unloaded (cylinder empty, chamber empty and magazines removed).
4. When range officer states " load and make ready" that is your command to load and come to the start position. Start position is barrel of firearm touching the table.
5. When start signal sounds, shooter commences firing.
6. Each shooter has up to 30 seconds to shoot pins from table. When the last pin has cleared the table or 30 seconds has passed, shooter is to unload firearm and show Range Officer the empty cylinder or chamber. Firearms will then be cased.
7. When the range officer declares "the line is clear", the shooter will then proceed down range to reset pins on table for next round.
8. Firearm handling while pin setters are down range is expressly forbidden.
If you would like to join the bowling pin shoots, please check our calendar for dates and times.