Cost: $20.00 Per Person
Pine Tree is open to the public on the 2nd and 4th Sunday of the month from 1:00 pm until 5:00 pm. Range officers are on duty to assist visitors on the range.
Illinois residents need a valid Firearm Owners ID Card and all state and local laws apply. All Pine Tree rules apply. See our approved ammo list here. Please familiarize yourself with the rules listed below.
Open to the Public Rules
All guns must be unloaded and cased before entering Pine Tree Pistol Club.
While on the range, the Range Safety Officers are to be obeyed at all times.
Gun may only be uncased at the safety area or at the shooting points.
Eye & ear protection must be worn on the range at all times.
All shooters must follow the NRA’s Three Fundamental Gun Safety Rules
1. Always keep the gun pointed in a safe direction, at PTPC that means down range only.
2. Always keep your finger off the trigger & out of the trigger guard until ready to shoot.
3. Always keep the gun unloaded until ready to shoot.
Guns can only be loaded at the shooting points.
When gun is set down, guns must be unloaded, the action must be locked open with the magazines removed or the cylinder left open.
Guns can only be moved from the shooting points unloaded and cased.
1. It is easier for the shooters to trade points.
2. Leave the guns unloaded with the actions open at the points.
If a Cease Fire Command is given (flashing lights & buzzer sounds)
1. Stop shooting.
2. Keep gun pointed down range.
3. Keep finger off the trigger.
4. Wait for further instructions.
In the event you experience a misfire/hang fire/squibs load:
1. Keep gun pointed down range.
2. Keep finger off the trigger.
3. Inform Range Safety Officer by raising your hand.
For everyone’s safety, if you save your brass, pick it up prior to each reload or it will be swept up & thrown away.
When finished shooting, don’t forget to your wash hands & blow your nose.
Only approved ammo is allowed. If you fail to follow the rules, you will be asked to leave & no refund will be given!